Welcome to my new blog, and thank you for being here! It's the third of April, and I am fresh off my month-long March stint at the 30 Day Artist. During that month I spent every day creating artwork, to reach a goal of 40 artworks completed in 30 days. Every night I blogged about the day's process, posting pictures and commentary as each work evolved to fruition. It was an insightful and invigorating experience, reconnecting me more fully with what actually happens during the creative process.
Thanks to the positive feedback I received from my 30 Day Artist efforts, I have decided to start my own blog documenting my artistic activity. I have found that to discuss the artwork each night after the work is done adds a cognitive layer to what can often be a subconscious (and solipsistic) process. I also find that by exposing the inner commentary that runs alongside the actual physical art-making, readers can gain a more comprehensive idea of what goes through the artist's head at certain points throughout the process.
I hope you will find this blog interesting and return for more. I will do my best to update it as often as I can. I do have a lot of travelling coming up in the near future, but hopefully my various locales will offer a bit of spice and excitement to my artwork and my posts.
Thank you for joining me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment